NEG Raising

Mike Tianqiao Lu tianqiao.lu at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 17 22:14:00 UTC 2013

Dear Chris,

The Tai-Kadai languages in Southeast Asian countries and southern part of
China do not permit NEG Raising. The Sinitic languages in China also lack
such a process. Besides, the scope of negation at different positions of
such a sentence would render different meanings in these languages.

Regards,

Tianqiao Lu
School of Linguistic Sciences
Jiangsu Normal University
57 Heping Road, Xuzhou, China
Email: tianqiao.lu at gmail.com Website: http://maonan.org

--
注:Gmail最近常打不开,请发邮件到 "lutianqiao at maonan.org"。
Note: Gmail is unaccessible in my area recently. Please send emails to  "