Final call: The Diachronic Typology of Differential Argument Marking // Dead-line, November 10

Ilja Serzants ilja.serzants at UNI-KONSTANZ.DE
Wed Oct 30 10:10:39 UTC 2013

*The Diachronic Typology of Differential Argument Marking*
**

*Abstract submission deadline: *November 10, 2013
*Conference website:* http://www.uni-konstanz.de/serzants/DAM_2014/
*Date:* April 5-6, 2014
*Location: *University of Konstanz, Germany
*Contact person:* Ilja A. Seržant, Alena Witzlack-Makarevich
*Meeting email: *DAM.2014 at uni-konstanz.de <mailto:DAM.2014 at uni-konstanz.de>

The aim of the present workshop is to gather insights on the
multi-factorial mechanisms leading to the rise of the differential
argument marking (DSM and DOM).

We invite contributions dealing with any aspect of the differential
subject and object marking diachrony from any perspective. We emphasize
that diachrony does not necessarily imply reconstructions of
proto-stages of a language or involvement of ancient texts. Diachronic
changes can be observed on a quasi-synchronic level, e.g., between the
conservative and colloquial style of a present day language.

We welcome studies dealing with macro-changes (e.g., with the rise or
demise of differential argument marking) as well as studies treating
micro-changes (e.g., changes in the functional semantics of a particular
differential argument marking system).

*Invited speakers: *
Miriam Butt
Eleanor Coghill