[Lingtyp] Journal of Amazonian Languages

Eduardo Ribeiro kariri at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 14:18:41 UTC 2014

Thanks, Dan, for sharing the issues of JAL online.  In order to make
the contents more readily-available, I took the liberty of running
both volumes through OCR and extracting the articles, which can be
accessed individually at the following address:

http://www.etnolinguistica.org/journal:jal

Best,

Eduardo

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Everett, Daniel <DEVERETT at bentley.edu> wrote:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/48jvz9445qgtydk/AADib9UQcGFRcMLTGLNqMyH0a?dl=0
>
> Folks,
>
> The above link should take you to both issues of the Journal of Amazonian
> Languages, the only ones ever published. I was at this time one of the the
> only full-time academics (pretty much the only regular one, with occasional
> forays by one or two others)  at a North American university doing regular
> field research on Amazonian languages.  This journal was sponsored by the
> linguistics department of the University of Pittsburgh, which I chaired from
> 1989-1999. There are some excellent articles in these two numbers and I am
> sorry it has taken me so long to make them more widely available. I had
> hoped to revive the journal but perhaps someone else will take it up in
> spirit, now that the field has grown.
>
> Dan

Eduardo Rivail Ribeiro, lingüista
http://etnolinguistica.org/perfil:9