temporary Recipient marking

Frank Seidel frank.zidle at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 3 13:28:32 UTC 2014

Dear Misha,

In Baga Mandori (a language spoken in the same general region as Mandinka)
a similar situation applies as Denis has described. There are two verbs:
kïkà which indicates a transfer of an object (but not the transfer of
ownership or some such) and kïsöng (low pitched) which indicates that the
giver reneges ownership or access rights over the item. I do not think that
there are differences in object sequence after the verb. I have not
concsiously tested for that yet, though.

Best,

Frank

--
Frank Seidel, Ph.D.