[Lingtyp] Learner's Guides for Bardi and Yan-nhaŋu

Claire Bowern clairebowern at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 14:45:40 UTC 2015

Dear list members,
I have published two learner's guides through leanpub.com. The Bardi
learner's guide is less useful for typologists than my Mouton grammar
of the language, but the Yan-nhaŋu learner's guide is the only
published description of the language. It's a Yolŋu language from East
Arnhem Land. It's somewhat different from the better described Yolŋu
languages such as Djambarrpuyŋu, particularly in the verb morphology.
Both guides are available from  http://www.pamanyungan.net/?page_id=178
They have a suggested price of $14.99. Proceeds from the sale benefits
the Endangered Language Fund (who funded some of my work on Bardi).
(http://www.pamanyungan.net/?p=165 has some further information about
the guides and leanpub).
Best wishes,
Claire