[Lingtyp] On making these interesting discussions more public

Martin Haspelmath haspelmath at shh.mpg.de
Tue Jan 26 08:33:36 UTC 2016

On 25.01.16 23:58, Hedvig Skirgård wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Thank you all for the very interesting discussions you've created. If
> I may suggest, I think many of the arguments and information laid
> forward here would be useful to a wider audience.
>
> *Special issue of journal*
> Giorgio F. Arcodia suggested a special issue of LT, that sounds like a
> great idea. Similarly to a panel debate it'd be nice if there were a
> few set questions that all authors had to address. I'd of course
> prefer if they're were posed from the perspective of junior diversity
> linguists, but I understand that that cannot always be accommodated.
> (Furthermore, in interest of my generation and scholars in developing
> countries, I'd like to suggest an Open Access venue if possible. I do
> understand that the journal /LT/ has its reasons for remaining with De
> Gruyter.)

One possibility might be an edited volume in the open-access series
"Conceptual Foundations of Language Science", edited by Mark Dingemanse
and Nick Enfield, published by Language Science Press:
http://langsci-press.org/catalog/series/cfls

Best,
Martin

--
Martin Haspelmath (haspelmath at shh.mpg.de)
Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History