[Lingtyp] On making these interesting discussions more public

Sebastian Nordhoff sebastian.nordhoff at glottotopia.de
Tue Jan 26 08:57:51 UTC 2016

On 01/26/2016 09:49 AM, giorgio.arcodia at unimib.it wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> A volume in the "Conceptual Foundations of Language Science" is a great
> idea indeed. Besides being open-access, there would not be the obvious
> limitations of space that a journal has.

Dear all,
I draw your attention to the following paragraph of the series description

http://langsci-press.org/catalog/series/cfls
"To be considered for this series, a book must be short (length around
35,000 words, or 90 pages) and must be written in clear, accessible
prose, to maximize its appeal across the fields of language science."

It will be difficult to fit a collection of papers in 90 pages. On the
other hand, maybe a collection of short papers would also fit the
series, even if more than 90 pages are used. One would have to ask the
editors (Mark Dingemanse and Nick Enfield)

Best wishes
Sebastian