[Lingtyp] LT, old and new

Nicholas Evans nicholas.evans at anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 5 16:11:31 UTC 2016

Lieber Frans,

charaktervoll bis zum letzten!

One of my evolutionary biologist colleagues said in a seminar, yesterday, 'there is how you behave to get a paper in Science, and there is how you behave to find out the truth. To live as a scholar with your soul intact, you need to move between both of these.'  LT under your editorship has made it possible for typologists, at least, to be spared that dilemma, for a certain historial period. Thank you for making this possible, for so long, and long may your stamp continue!

Best Nick