[Lingtyp] new typology book: Michael Riessler's "Adjective attribution"

Sebastian Nordhoff sebastian.nordhoff at glottotopia.de
Thu Oct 20 10:39:07 UTC 2016

On 10/18/2016 08:45 PM, Martin Haspelmath wrote:
> Announcing:
>
> *Adjective attribution*
> by Michael Rießler
>
> A Language Science Press open-access book, freely downloadable
> (http://langsci-press.org//catalog/book/19). Print-on-demand copies
> available.
>
> This book is the first typological study of adjective attribution
> marking. Its focus lies on Northern Eurasia, although it covers many
> more languages and presents an ontology of morphosyntactic categories
> relevant to noun phrase structure in general. Besides treating
> synchronic data, the study contributes to historical linguistics by
> reconstructing the origin of new types specifically in the language
> contact area between the Indo-European and Uralic families.

Dear all,
this book is also available on the collaborative reading platform Paperhive
https://paperhive.org/documents/l8cO7VG2KYeG
You can mark passages and leave comments, suggestions, questions, or
requests for clarification.

This is experimental, but I believe that having a centralized site for
leaving scribbled margin notes can actually be very useful.

Best wishes
Sebastian