[Lingtyp] Lingtyp mailing list policy

Ljuba Veselinova ljuba at ling.su.se
Wed Apr 5 11:02:56 UTC 2017

Until the beginning of this year, the policy was that you needed to be a
member of ALT in order to subscribe to LINGTYP.

I raised the issue with the current EC and the policy was changed. As
Dmitry explained it is best to use your institutional address when
subscribing. If we see a non-academic address we ask the person to tell us
why they want to join and after that we subscribe them. This is meant to
try and eliminate potential spammers.

Not sure what happened when people failed to subscribe but perhaps Hedvig
can advise them to contact me or Dmitry Idiatov.

All the best,

Ljuba

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Hedvig Skirgård <hedvig.skirgard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since I first posted this and it was clarified, I've heard from a few
> people who have tried to join the list but failed. Are there any other
> criteria that need to be met?
>
> /Hedvig
>

> *****
>
> *Tōfā soifua,*
>
> *Hedvig Skirgård*
>

> PhD Candidate
> The Wellsprings of Linguistic Diversity
>
> ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
>
> School of Culture, History and Language
> College of Asia and the Pacific
>
> Rm 4203, H.C. Coombs Building (#9)
> The Australian National University
>
> Acton ACT 2601
>
> Australia
>
> Co-chair of Public Relations
>
> Board of the International Olympiad of Linguistics
>
> www.ioling.org
>
> Blogger at Humans Who Read Grammars
> http://humans-who-read-grammars.blogspot.
>
> On 7 March 2017 at 12:01, Maia Ponsonnet <maia.ponsonnet at sydney.edu.au>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Thank you Hedvig for trying to clarify this.
>> Indeed, I confirm that I had to become a member in order to subscribe to
>> the list.
>> Cheers,
>> Maïa
>>

>> *-------------------------------------- MAÏA PONSONNET* | ARC DECRA
>> Post-doctoral Fellow
>> Linguistics | School of Literature, Art and Media | Faculty of Arts and
>> Social Sciences
>>

>> *THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY*
>> N367, John Woolley Building A20 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
>> * T* +61 2 9351 5570  | *M* +61 468 571 030 <+61%20468%20571%20030>
>> *E* *maia.ponsonnet at sydney.edu.au* <firstname.surname at sydney.edu.au>  |
>> *W* *http://www.sydney.edu.au/arts/slam
>> <https://webmail.sydney.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?SURL=XCMNVgup1SdP1J_ak4XQEXvC0bVZ1CTd6AAAmkeFe893c5oNxSrTCGgAdAB0AHAAOgAvAC8AdwB3AHcALgBzAHkAZABuAGUAeQAuAGUAZAB1AC4AYQB1AC8AYQByAHQAcwAvAHMAbABhAG0A&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sydney.edu.au%2farts%2fslam>*
>>
>> Ok, that's good. I've heard from people who say they have not been able
>> to subscribe, maybe there's been other problems.
>>
>> /Hedvig
>>
>> *Hedvig Skirgård*
>>

>> PhD Candidate
>> The Wellsprings of Linguistic Diversity
>>
>> ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
>>
>> School of Culture, History and Language
>> College of Asia and the Pacific
>>
>> Rm 4203, H.C. Coombs Building (#9)
>> The Australian National University
>>
>> Acton ACT 2601
>>
>> Australia
>>
>> Co-chair of Public Relations
>>
>> Board of the International Olympiad of Linguistics
>>
>> www.ioling.org
>>
>> Blogger at Humans Who Read Grammars
>> http://humans-who-read-grammars.blogspot.
>>
>> On 6 March 2017 at 22:31, Idiatov Dmitry <honohiiri at yandex.ru> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,

> [...]

Ljuba Veselinova, Associate Professor
Dept of Linguistics, Stockholm University, S-10691 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46-8-16-2332 Fax: +46-8-15 5389
URL  : http://www.ling.su.se/ljuba.veselinova

"We learn by going where we want to go."
                                          Julia Cameron