[Lingtyp] definiteness

Alan Rumsey Alan.Rumsey at anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 3 05:26:14 UTC 2017

Hi All. I am doing a study of conversational uses of the three-way contrast in Ku Waru among definite, indefinite and unmarked NPs. Can any of you put me on to good comparative studies of definiteness that are more recent than Christiopher Lyon's very good 1999 textbook on the subject? I have a vague memory of there having been a thread about definiteness on this list within the past couple years. If so, I would greatly appreciated it if someone could point me to it in the archives.

Alan