[Lingtyp] (in)alienable possession

TasakuTsunoda tasakutsunoda at nifty.com
Fri Dec 15 13:35:47 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

    I am not certain if this is relevant, but the following paper shows that inalienable possession and alienable possession constitute a continuum, not a dichotomy.

Tsunoda, Tasaku. 1995. The possession cline in Japanese and other languages. In Hilary Chappell and William McGregor (eds.), The grammar of inalienability: a typological perspective on body part terms and the part-whole relation, 565-630. Berlin and New York: Mouton de Gruyter.

Best wishes,

Tasaku Tsunoda

送信元: Lingtyp <lingtyp-bounces at listserv.linguistlist.org> (Sergey Lyosov <sergelyosov at inbox.ru> の代理)