[Lingtyp] genifiers (gender markers/classifiers)

ROBERT Stephane Stephane.ROBERT at cnrs.fr
Thu Mar 23 18:13:38 UTC 2017

Guillaume's proposal sounds great to me.

For me "genifier" is misleading because it is (unfortunately) reminiscent of "genitive".

It seems to me better to keep "classifier" as a cover term /comparative concept, because it is easily understood by every linguist and covers various systems sharing at least some properties, and then to make the appropriate distinctions (according to the various types) with subcategorization.

Stéphane