[Lingtyp] Jae Jung Song †

Frans Plank frans.plank at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 3 21:08:20 UTC 2017

Jae Jung Song
http://www.otago.ac.nz/english-linguistics/staff/otago090432.html

Dear typologists,

at LT we just learnt that Jae Jung Song has passed away last Monday, 24 April 2017.  His colleagues at the University of Otago write Jae "died unexpectedly, but peacefully in his sleep".

What sad news, seemingly out of the blue.  Jae had been on LT's Editorial Board since 2012, and we'll treasure his memory as a constructively-critical influence on the course of the journal and as an eminent typologist, overcoming difficult personal circumstances to publish so widely.   Stay in touch:  Re-read him.

Frans