[Lingtyp] new LangSci books: Bowern et al. (eds.), Enfield (ed.), Michaud

Martin Haspelmath haspelmath at shh.mpg.de
Wed May 24 13:35:53 UTC 2017

Dear all,

There are three new Language Science Press books this month:

Bowern, Claire, Laurence Horn & Raffaella Zanuttini (eds.). 2017. /On
looking into words (and beyond): Structures, relations, analyses/.
(Empirically Oriented Theoretical Morphology and Syntax 3). Berlin:
Language Science Press. http://langsci-press.org/catalog/book/151.

Enfield, N. J. (ed.). 2017. /Dependencies in language: On the causal
ontology of linguistic systems/. (Studies in Diversity Linguistics 14).
Berlin: Language Science Press. http://langsci-press.org/catalog/book/96.

Michaud, Alexis. 2017. /Tone in Yongning Na: Lexical tones and
morphotonology/. (Studies in Diversity Linguistics 13). Berlin: Language
Science Press. http://langsci-press.org/catalog/book/109.

The papers in the edited volumes can be downloaded individually -- check
out papers by authors such as Larry Hyman, Judith Aissen, Paul Kiparsky,
Juliette Blevins, Mark Aronoff, Sonia Cristofaro, Frederick Newmeyer,
Keren Rice, William Foley.

The Enfield (ed.) book is now also open to Post-Publication Commenting
on Paperhive, a social-reading platform:
https://paperhive.org/documents/BwtHdWdOnq4q/text?a=p:136

If you want to support Language Science Press, please register
(http://langsci-press.org/supportUs), submit your work, and/or ask your
library to "buy" our free books via our distributed funding model
(http://langsci-press.org/knowledgeunlatched).

Best,
Martin

--
Martin Haspelmath (haspelmath at shh.mpg.de)
Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History