[Lingtyp] Any references on temporal relative clauses

Adam James Ross Tallman ajrtallman at utexas.edu
Tue Dec 11 02:15:05 UTC 2018

Hey Jesus,

In Chacobo temporal frame adverbial expressions are coded with a
"relativization strategy" that takes a time of day noun and a deictic
motion verb. I used to think they were bona fide relative clauses, but its
probably better to think of them as clausal nominalizations.

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

from my grammar on page 757.

Adam