[Lingtyp] New Post-docs at NTU SIngapore

Randy J. LaPolla randy.lapolla at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 03:50:02 UTC 2018

Hi All,
The President of Nanyang Technological University just announced a new post-doc program, the Presidential Postdoctoral Fellowship, with very good terms:
Benefits

The Fellowship provides:
Two year tenure with a salary of SGD 80,000 per year.
A research grant of up to SGD 100,000 per year.
A housing grant of SGD18,000 per year with eligibility for subsidized apartment accommodation (subject to availability) on one of the World’s most beautiful campuses.
Relocation expenses of up to SGD4,000
Me​ntorship and support in an established research group.
Opportunity to work with faculty in mentoring graduate students.
Exposure to the most dynamic and diverse global growth regions.

They will be quite competitive, as they are open to any field and there are only 12 of them, but it might be worth a try! See the following link for more info:

http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ppf/Pages/home.aspx <http://www.ntu.edu.sg/ppf/Pages/home.aspx>

(Don’t write to me for more info, as this is new and I only know what is on the website!)

Randy
-----
Randy J. LaPolla, PhD FAHA (羅仁地)
Professor of Linguistics and Chinese, School of Humanities
Nanyang Technological University
HSS-03-45, 14 Nanyang Drive | Singapore 637332
http://randylapolla.net/
Most recent book:
https://www.routledge.com/The-Sino-Tibetan-Languages-2nd-Edition/LaPolla-Thurgood/p/book/9781138783324