[Lingtyp] Verbal person-number indexing reconstructed for a family/deeper subfamily?

Jorge Rosés Labrada jrosesla at ualberta.ca
Wed Jun 20 13:28:13 UTC 2018

Dear Ilja,

I forgot to mention yesterday that, in addition to the affixes I
reconstruct in my 2016 IJAL paper, there is an innovative construction/set
of constructions with three right-margin suffixes in Piaroa and in the Mako
habitual. There will be an article on this in the upcoming issue of
the *Journal
of Historical Linguistics:*

   - *Rosés Labrada, J.E. *(2018). The Piaroa Subject Marking System and
   its Diachrony. Journal of Historical Linguistics, Special issue on “*The
   evolution of argument coding patterns in South American languages’,* ed.
   by Spike Gildea and Antoine Guillaume, 8(1): 31-58.
   https://doi.org/10.1075/jhl.16023.ros

In fact, the whole issue might be relevant:
https://benjamins.com/catalog/jhl.8.1

Please do let me know if you'd like a copy of the article and I can send
you the proofs.

Best,
Jorge

-------------
Jorge Emilio Rosés Labrada
Assistant Professor, Indigenous Language Sustainability
Department of Linguistics
University of Alberta
Tel: (+1) 780-492-5698
jrosesla at ualberta.ca

*The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6
territory, **and respects the history, languages, and cultures of the First
Nations, Métis, Inuit, **and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence
continues to enrich our institution.*