[Lingtyp] Studies applying Greenberg's (1960) quantitative measures of morphological typology

Hans Götzsche goetzsche at hum.aau.dk
Sat Mar 3 11:57:46 UTC 2018

Dear Marsha,

I assume you’re acquainted with the project

Monika

http://www.ugr.es/~svalera/Monika/

handled by Pavol Štekauer and Lívia Körtvélyessy, Košice.

Best,
Hans

Hans Götzsche (MA,PhD)
President, NAL
Nordic Association of Linguists
Director, Associate Professor
Center for Linguistics
Aalborg University
Rendsburggade 14
9000 Aalborg
DENMARK
Phone: +45-99409058
www.cfl.hum.aau<http://www.cfl.hum.aau/>

On 02 Mar 2018, at 23:06, Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm <tamm at ling.su.se<mailto:tamm at ling.su.se>> wrote:

Dear all,
I wonder if there have been any systematic cross-linguistic studies applying Greenberg’s (1960) quantitative approach to morphological typology. I am particularly interested in any work related to Greenberg’s derivational and compositional indices. (The derivational index is the ratio of derivational morphemes to words in a stretch of text, whereas the compositional index is the ratio of root morphemes to words).

Many thanks and all the best,
Maria (Masha) Koptjevskaja Tamm

Prof. Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm
Dept. of linguistics, Stockholm university, 106 91, Stockholm, Sweden
tel.: +46-8-16 26 20 (office)
www.ling.su.se/tamm<http://www.ling.su.se/tamm>
tamm at ling.su.se<mailto:tamm at ling.su.se>