[Lingtyp] typological studies of pro-drop

Balthasar Bickel balthasar.bickel at uzh.ch
Tue Mar 6 21:41:57 UTC 2018

Dear all

This might be of interest too:

Bickel, Balthasar. 2003. Referential density in discourse and syntactic typology. Language 79. 708–736.
Stoll, Sabine & Balthasar Bickel. 2009. How deep are differences in referential density? In Jiansheng Guo, Elena Lieven, Nancy Budwig, Susan Ervin-Tripp, Keiko Nakamura & Şeyda Özçalişkan (eds.), Crosslinguistic Approaches to the Psychology of Language: Research in the Tradition of Dan Isaac Slobin, 543–555. London: Psychology Press.

Both papers are about the overt vs covert realization of arguments, including subjects.

Best,

Balthasar