[Lingtyp] Any references on sequential devices?

Kilu von Prince kilu.von.prince at hu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 12 07:49:44 UTC 2018

Dear Jesús,

this is an interesting topic! In Oceanic, there are markers that seem to
move between TAM marking and discourse structure, as described in some
detail by Lichtenberk (2014). We also come across phrases that are usually
translated as "and then" in Oceanic a lot, but I'm not aware of any
publications on that. Feel free to get in touch should you be interested in
looking at some relevant primary data.

 Frantisek Lichtenberk. Sequentiality-futurity links. Oceanic Linguistics,
53(1):61–91, 2014.

Best,
Kilu

Dr. Kilu von Prince