[Lingtyp] history of linguistics: phonological word

TasakuTsunoda tasakutsunoda at nifty.com
Mon Jan 21 07:11:08 UTC 2019

Dear Adam,

    Please see the following book:

        Lyons, John. 1968. Introduction to theoretical linguistics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

Pp68-70 have the following subsection:

        2.2.11 Grammatical and phonological words

Best wishes,

Tasaku Tsunoda

送信元: Lingtyp <lingtyp-bounces at listserv.linguistlist.org> (Adam James Ross Tallman <ajrtallman at utexas.edu> の代理)
日付: 2019年1月20日日曜日 7:44
宛先: <LINGTYP at listserv.linguistlist.org>
件名: [Lingtyp] history of linguistics: phonological word

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to trace the roots of the development of the concept of "phonological word". Does anyone know who first used this term? The earliest I can find is Dixon's (1977) grammar of Yidin. What about "prosodic word"?

I'm aware that the roots of the idea can be found much earlier than when the concept was first mentioned, but I'm interested in the implicit analogy between a morphosyntactic constituency and phonological constituency and how, when and why that entered linguistics.

Any help would be appreciated.

best,

Adam

--

Adam J.R. Tallman

Investigador del Museo de Etnografía y Folklore, la Paz