[Lingtyp] Looking for a research assistant position

Joo Ian ian.joo at outlook.com
Thu Jan 24 15:18:06 UTC 2019

Dear all,

My name is Ian Joo and I am currently working as a research assistant at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. As my current contract ends soon, I am looking for a research assistant position in any of the following countries:

  *   Netherlands
  *   Denmark
  *   Germany
  *   Belgium
  *   Sweden
  *   Spain
  *   Argentina
  *   Austria
  *   Italy
  *   Chile
  *   Czech Republic
  *   Portugal
  *   Poland
  *   Hungary

My research areas include typology, phonetics, and corpus linguistics. Please find attached my CV for details.
As a South Korean citizen under the age of 30, I am able to apply for a Working Holiday visa<http://whic.mofa.go.kr/eng/> that allows me to work in any of those countries for a year. So the working permit would not be an issue. I am available from mid-March and would like to work until August.
Please contact me if you currently need a short-term research assistant.

>From Hong Kong,
Ian Joo
http://ianjoo.academia.edu