[Lingtyp] Query on sentential names/Satznamen

Guillaume Segerer guillaume.segerer at cnrs.fr
Thu Jun 20 10:51:45 UTC 2019

Dear Iker,

There is a paper with numerous examples of SNs in Joola Banjal
(Niger-Congo, Atlantic, Bak):

Serge Sagna and Emmanuel Bassène. 2016. 'Why are they named after death?
Name giving, name changing and death prevention names in Gújjolaay
Eegimaa (Banjal)'. In African language documentation: new data, methods
and approaches, Special Publication No.10 of Language Documentation &
Conservation, edited by Mandana Seyfeddinipur, pp. 40–70.
http://hdl.handle.net/10125/24652

Joola languages in general tend to use SNs a lot, but as far as I know,
there is no other reference about that in the literature.

Best,

Guillaume Segerer

Guillaume Segerer
/LLACAN UMR 8135 - CNRS INALCO/