[Lingtyp] Phonological segment borrowing in the world's languages

stolz stolz at uni-bremen.de
Thu Aug 27 07:53:42 UTC 2020

Dear Ian,Your article in the Ferguson Festschrift is one of our main references for our European project. Gap-filling has become a highly frequent term in the text. Our results are largely compatible with Elad's although there are a number of differences which might prove that Europe behaves differently from the rest of the world. All the best. Thomas and Natascha Von meinem Samsung Galaxy Smartphone gesendet.
-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Ian Maddieson <ianm at berkeley.edu> Datum: 27.08.20  04:25  (GMT+01:00) An: "Prof. Dr. Thomas Stolz" <stolz at uni-bremen.de>, elad.eisen at mail.huji.ac.il, Eitan Grossman <eitan.grossman at mail.huji.ac.il> Cc: lingtyp at listserv.linguistlist.org, levkov at uni-bremen.de Betreff: Re: [Lingtyp] Phonological segment borrowing in the world's languages Glad to see serious work on patterns in segment borrowing. But a bit disappointed thatElad doesn’t mention my paper Borrowed Sounds. I think there was something valuablein this early work.

Maddieson, Ian. 1986. Borrowed sounds.
InThe Fergusonian Impact Vol.1: From