[Lingtyp] fieldwork on deixis

Jessica Katiuscia Ivani jivani at isfas.uni-kiel.de
Tue Feb 25 17:34:15 UTC 2020

Dear Michael,
you can use lego blocks to create different scenarios and let the speakers describe the contexts and the spatial relations between the tokens. Robert Schikowski (University of Zürich) has used this method for Chintang (Tibeto-Burman), I attach a picture of one of his models. You can find information about the methodology and further inspiration on this <https://www.clrp.uzh.ch/downloads/Dirksmeyer2008.pdf> MA thesis by Tyko Dirksmeyer.
I have also used lego blocks during my fieldwork experiences (on Dravidian and Tibeto-Burman), in addition to other materials, and they have been extremely useful.
Best,
Jessica