[Lingtyp] fieldwork on deixis

Anna Margetts anna.margetts at monash.edu
Wed Feb 26 07:37:52 UTC 2020

I would recommend the elicitation tool designed by David Wilkins,
especially for distinguishing person-based from distance-based
demonstrative systems.

Wilkins, David. 1999a. The 1999 demonstrative questionnaire: “this” and “
that” in comparative perspective. In David Wilkins, ed.
*Manual for the 1999 field season*. Version 1.0. Nijmegen, MPI for
Pycholinguistics. 1-24.

The questionnaire should be downloadable from the website of the MPI in
Nijmegen. This entire book is discussing cross-linguistic
work with this elicitation tool:

Cambridge University Press 978-1-108-42428-8 — Demonstratives in
Cross-Linguistic Perspective Edited by Stephen Levinson , Sarah Cutfield ,
Michael Dunn , Nick Enfield , Sergio Meira , David Wilkins

Regards,

Anna