[Lingtyp] ALT is seeking a Webmaster

Ljuba Veselinova ljuba at ling.su.se
Mon Mar 9 10:56:33 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to the announcement that follows.

The Association for Linguistic Typology is currently soliticing
applications for the position of Webmaster. While this is a non-paid,
volunteer position, it presents an excellent opportunity to exercise ones
own skills in internet technology, acquire new ones and contribute service
to the discipline of linguistic typology.

The webmaster is the person responsible for the design, regular update and
maintenance of the ALT website, linguistic-typology.org and also helps out
with the LINGTYP mailing list. She/he works closely with the President, the
Treasurer and membership manager, the Secretary and Conference manage, and
the Editor of the journal Linguistic Typology. The regular maintenance
workload is not very heavy. The periods that precede and follow the
bi-annual conference of ALT tend to be more intensive but are still
manageable.

*Desired qualications*
--Experience with internet technology:
o   webplatforms, wordpress in particular . Familiarity with other
platforms is desirable
o   databases
o   search techniques
o   mail
o   listserv
o   social media
--  Familiarity with handling graphic files