[Lingtyp] Post a "Journal Call for Papers" to all the members subscribing ALT mailing list!

Chia-jung Pan larspan216 at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Nov 19 06:45:30 UTC 2020

Dear ALT,
I would like to post a "Journal Call for Papers" for Asian Languages and Linguistics published by John Benjamin.
Details are as follows:

Journal Call for Papers

ASIAN LANGUAGES AND LINGUISTICS (ALaL) is an international journal, published by John Benjamins Publishing Company with sponsorship from the Institute of Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences, Beijing Normal University.

ALaL is a peer reviewed forum for high-quality linguistic research on languages spoken throughout Asia: the Sino-Tibetan, Austronesian, Austroasiatic, Dravidian, Altaic, Uralic, Turkic, Caucasian, Afro-Asiatic, Indo-European, Unclassified languages/language isolates, etc. Localized European Languages (Indian English, Singapore English, etc.), and Pidgins and Creoles spoken in Asia (Naga Pidgin Assamese, Asian Portuguese creoles, etc.) are also in the scope of our journal.

The journal encourages submissions from a wide range of topics, including but not limited to the following:

• Theoretical research on the syntax, semantics, phonology, morphology, and pragmatics of any Asian language, and the interface studies such as syntax-semantics interface and morphology-phonology interface.

• Typological research based on empirical data or theoretical analysis (following any framework) on the structural diversities and cross-linguistic variations among Asian languages or between Asian languages and other languages.

• Diachronic research based on a careful investigation of Asian languages data that contribute to the theory or methodology of historical linguistics, as well as interdisciplinary study which links historical linguistics to corpus-based research, language variation, typology, etc.

• Cross-disciplinary research between linguistics and philosophy, psychology, language processing, etc. that contributes to the understanding of Asian languages.

Contributions from a comparative or typological perspective are especially welcome. We also welcome cross-disciplinary studies, such as the results of cross-linguistic research using the methods of psycholinguistics or neurolinguistics.

The editorial board members are all renowned experts in the field of Asian language studies, including:

Editors

Danqing Liu | Chinese Academy of Social Sciences

Ailan Fu | Beijing Normal University

Gong Cheng | Zhejiang University

Associate Editors (listed alphabetically by last name)

Anvita Abbi | Jawaharlal Nehru University

Alexandra Y. Aikhenvald | James Cook University

Walter Bisang | Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz

Bernard Comrie | University of California, Santa Barbara

Gabi Danon | Bar-Ilan University

R.M.W. Dixon | James Cook University

N.J. Enfield | The University of Sydney

Andrey Filchenko | Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan

Jianhua Hu | Chinese Academy of Social Sciences

Chenglong Huang | Chinese Academy of Social Sciences

Xing Huang | Chinese Academy of Social Sciences

Randy J. LaPolla | Nanyang Technological University

Chungmin Lee | Seoul National University & The National Academy of Sciences, Republic of Korea

Thomas Hun-Tak Lee | The Chinese University of Hong Kong

Chinfa Lien | National Tsing Hua University

Haihua Pan | The Chinese University of Hong Kong

Jungku Park | Seoul National University

Alain Peyraube | The French National Centre for Scientific Research

Yukinori Takubo | National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics

Fuxiang Wu | Beijing Language and Culture University

Abdurishid Yakup | Minzu University of China

Hongming Zhang | University of Wisconsin-Madison

ALaL is published with two issues per year (volume) of 200 pages each, starting in 2020. As a newly-inaugurated international journal, it is indexed in:

Linguistic Bibliography

Bibliographie Linguistique

Submission Process

>From March 2020, Asian Languages and Linguisticseditorial office has launched a new online system “Editorial Manager”. You can visit Editorial Manager®

|  |
Editorial Manager®

Full-Function Web-Enabled Manuscript Submission and Tracking System for Peer Review

 for more details. If you need help during your submission and revision, please refer to the Tutorial supplied on the website.

Contributions must be in English. Spelling should be either American English or British English and should be consistent throughout the paper. Contributors whose native language is not English should have their manuscript carefully proofread by a native speaker.

Articlecategories

• Research articles

Articles should be shorter than 10,000 words including references. Nonconforming submissions may be returned without comment or review.

• Notes and Discussions

This section includes discussions, debates, replies, and letters to the editor that reflects on the developments in linguistic research, without necessarily making a novel research contribution in the submission itself. Contributionsshould be limited between 1000 to 5000 words including references.

•Book review and review articles

Reviews should be limited between 1,000 to 5,000 words including references.

• Language profiles, family portraits and areal surveys

Please notethat the manuscript maynot besubmitted elsewhere when it is under review for this journal. If an author prefers to submit his/her contribution to another publication after submitting it to ALAL, he /she must send a notice to ALALto withdraw the manuscript.

Before submitting your article,please read Publication Ethics Statement and our copyright agreement.

If you have any questions, please contact the editors at jall at bnuz.edu.cn.

We look forward to receiving your contribution!

Table of Contents of Issue 1 and 2 of Volume 1:

Tableofcontents

Volume 01 Issue 01

Foreword

Liu Danqing, Ailan Fu & Gong Cheng

ARTICLES

Aspects of word formation processes in Luro: The endangered language of the Nicobar Islands

       Anvita Abbi & Vysakh R

Radical analyticity and radical pro-drop scenarios of diachronic change in East and mainland Southeast Asia, West Africa and Pidgins and Creoles

Walter Bisang

A root-and-pattern approach to word-formation in Chinese

Cheng Gong & Liu Ying

Linguistic manifestation of fictive change participants: Apparent alternations between the accusative and the dative/comitative cases in Korean and Japanese

       Katsunobu Izutsu & Yong-Taek Kim

Forward to the past: Modernizing linguistic typology by returning to its roots

       Randy J. LaPolla

Case markers and language contact in the Gansu-Qinghai linguistic area

      Chenlei Zhou

Volume 01 Issue 02

ARTICLES

An ethnolinguistic repositioning of the Balmiki language of Odisha: A bibliographic appraisal

       Biswanandan Dash & Subrat Kalyan Pattanayak

A historical investigation into Persian prefixal verbs based on Syâsat-nâmehand a contemporary corpus

Jalal Rahimian, Mehrzad Mansuri & Shima Alipouri

Mechanisms of semantic change: the case of Cantonese slang

May L-Y Wong

>From topic marker to case marker: A case of case formation in Gansu-Qinghai linguistic area

       Dan Xu

On the Nature of AA Question in Yi and Related Problems

       Heyou Zhang & Muji Wuni

NOTES AND DISCUSSIONS

The structural uniqueness of languages and the value of comparison for language description

      Martin Haspelmath

BOOK REVIEW

The Study of Word Stress and Accent

      Jia Guo, Siyi Jia & Yanting Sun

Thank you very much in advance!
Best wishes,Chia-Jung Pan--Chia-Jung Pan, Ph.D., LCRC, JCU
Associate ProfessorCenter for Linguistic SciencesInstitute for Advanced Research of Humanities and Social SciencesBeijing Normal University Mobile: 886+953621062 (Taiwan)Mobile: 86+18649173184 (P.R. China)
E-mail: chiajung.pan216 at gmail.com