[Lingtyp] CONF: Conference "Caritive constructions in the languages of the world", 30 November - 2 December 2020, St. Petersburg / Zoom

Лиза Забелина windmill161 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 17:53:00 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to attend the conference „Caritive Constructions in the
Languages of the World“, and we will be happy if you could join us in
listening to the talks and discussing them!
The conference will be held from November 30th to December 2nd 2020 online,
in Zoom.
The Zoom-link to the conference (same for all sessions) can be found,
together with the conference programme, here:
https://www.caritive.org/conference-programme

We also attach

   - a link to the platform for discussions of particular talks and
   informal communication
   <https://join.slack.com/t/caritiveconstructions/shared_invite/zt-j9x4ufav-yUIbdJmP5LAFfrT0ck01ww>
   ,
   - and a link to a folder where some handouts for the talks will be later
   available
   <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19bzg2wBqnzWzJ3dUCNhOS9aODCGVCMB5?usp=sharing>
   .

With the best wishes,
Organizing Committee

The Institute for Linguistic Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences is
> pleased to announce the conference “Caritive Constructions in the Languages
> of the World”, has been rescheduled for November 30 - December 2, 2020 in
> Saint Petersburg, Russia.
> The conference aims to bring together studies on caritive (a.k.a. abessive
> or privative) constructions in different languages. The working definition
> of caritive employed by the organizers is as follows:
> Caritive describes non-involvement of a participant (Absentee) in a
> situation, with the non-involvement predication semantically modifying the
> situation or a participant of another situation.
> Examples:
>> *Jill went to the party without Jack.*●
> *Jack entered a room without windows.*●
> *I saw a beardless man.*Submissions may address any issues related to
> caritive constructions: pragmatic, semantic, syntactic, morphological, or
> lexical, synchronic or diachronic, language-particular as well as
> cross-linguistic. We are especially interested in papers concerning the
> expression of caritive semantics in the languages that do not have a
> dedicated caritive marker.

*Invited speakers*: