[Lingtyp] Numeral 'one' and 'as soon as'

Michael Daniel misha.daniel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 12:05:42 UTC 2021

In fact, I have a somewhat similar intuition about the use of Russian раз
'time', even though it is always hard to put things like that into
translation equivalents. It is not simply cause. As Timur Maisak correctly
indicated to me - in a private branch of discussion of this topic - that it
can be characterized as conditional just as well as causal, and thi use has
been termed causal-conditional in some works on Russian.

Michael