[Lingtyp] Language change and foot structure

Matthew Windsor matthew_windsor at sil.org
Wed Aug 18 17:07:34 UTC 2021

Thank you everyone for your help, including those who replied off-list. It
seems there are a few language families known to be split along these
lines, and few partially described cases of related dialects which differ
primarily by rhythm. I’m not conducting a typological study, nor am I
committed to any particular theoretical approach -- just getting some
background to place my analysis in context.

I’ll plan on presenting at the online Algonquian conference in October.

Cheers,