[Lingtyp] Job: 2yr Postdoctoral Researcher in Language and Social Interaction (conversation, corpora, comparative linguistics)

Dingemanse, Mark Mark.Dingemanse at mpi.nl
Tue Feb 2 13:36:11 UTC 2021

Dear LingTyp readers,

We are looking to fill a 2 year postdoctoral position in language and social interaction as part of the project 'Elementary particles of conversation'. This project studies the metacommunicative resources that streamline social interaction and scaffold complex language. Working alongside colleagues that use observational and computational approaches, you will be expected to analyse corpus data by combining insights from comparative linguistics, interactional linguistics, conversation analysis, and corpus linguistics. You will have the opportunity to help shape an innovative research programme on the interactional foundations of language.

More details can be found in the job posting here:

https://www.ru.nl/english/working-at/vacature/details-vacature/?recid=1139941&pad=%2fenglish&doel=embed&taal=uk

I'd be happy if you could forward this vacancy to anyone who might be interested & qualified. Please get in touch if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Mark

--

Mark Dingemanse, PhD
Associate Professor, Language & Communication