[Lingtyp] To write or not to write the examples

Sandra Auderset sandrauderset at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:19:17 UTC 2021

Hi Ian,

I would recommend you include the examples. You are looking them up anyway and your readers might not have access to all the original sources you are using. And why not spare them the time to go find the example you’ve already collected?
If you are worried about the examples interrupting the flow of your text, you can always move them to an appendix (either in a separate document or at the end of your main document). Given that theses are mostly circulated online in PDF, I don’t think length is a real concern.

Best,
Sandra

—
Sandra Auderset
PhD Candidate | [she/her]
Department of Linguistic and Cultural Evolution
MPI for Evolutionary Anthropology
&
Department of Linguistics
University of California Santa Barbara