[Lingtyp] List of ideophones in any language

Guillaume Segerer guillaume.segerer at cnrs.fr
Tue Jan 12 23:27:06 UTC 2021

Dear all

The RefLex database (https://reflex.cnrs.fr) has 15,500 + so-called
ideophones (not always labelled as such in the original sources) from
more than 150 African languages. I don't know if other databases allow
to search on part-of-speech, but it might be worth checking. The Gbaya
dictionary by Blanchard & Noss (1982) has 2257 ideophones, a few others
have more than 500.

Guillaume