[Lingtyp] (A)symmetry of linguistic convergence in different domains

Nicholas Evans nicholas.evans at anu.edu.au
Thu Jul 29 12:34:00 UTC 2021

Hi Ian
I think it's also good to remember that contact can produce divergence.
Also: google Malcolm Ross and 'metatypy' for some interesting discussions on where convergence does and does not occur

See attached
Best Nick

Nicholas (Nick) Evans

Director, CoEDL (ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language)

Coombs Building, Fellows Road
CHL, CAP, Australian National University

nicholas.evans at anu.edu.au

I acknowledge the Ngunnawal people as custodians of the land on which I work, and pay my respects to their elders, past and present. Their custodianship has never been ceded.