[Lingtyp] Making a cross-linguistic database of constructions

Adam James Ross Tallman ajrtallman at utexas.edu
Sun Jun 20 09:48:04 UTC 2021

Hey Ian,

It's an interesting idea that I've thought about myself - it looks like you
are coding surface ordering?... is your view that a "construction" must
display fixed ordering for its elements?

The tricky part is that "construction" can extend to inside word internal
elements, but it seems like these are represented without any internal
structure - maybe the issue is not relevant for your research question...

best,

Adam