[Lingtyp] Testing a generalization about spatial reference frames

Bohnemeyer, Juergen jb77 at buffalo.edu
Fri Mar 5 20:59:44 UTC 2021

Ah, forgot to add references:

Hill,C. (1982). Up/down,front/back, left/right: A contrastive study of Hausa and English. In J. Weissenborn and W. Klein (eds.), Here and there: Cross-linguistic studies on deixis and demonstration. Amsterdam: Benjamins. 11-42.
Nikitina, T. (2018). Frames of reference in discourse: Spatial descriptions in Bashkir (Turkic). Cognitive Linguistics 29(3): 495-544.
Polian, G. & J. Bohnemeyer. (2011). Uniformity and variation in Tseltal reference frame use. Languages Sciences 33(6): 868-891.
Wassmann, J. & P. R. Dasen. (1998). Balinese spatial orientation: Some empirical evidence for moderate linguistic relativity. The Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute 4(1): 689–711.