[Lingtyp] Morphologically complex clitics?

Tim Zingler timzingler at unm.edu
Tue Mar 30 14:27:26 UTC 2021

Hi,

off the top of my head, I could only think of the connective in Fwe, about which Gunnink (2018: 167) says that it consists of a stem and a pronominal prefix. I'm not an expert on the language, but I think it fits the definition.

min-we            i-ó=                 mu-ánce
NP4-finger       PP4-CON        NP1-child
‘the fingers of the child’ (Gunnink 2018: 167)

The grammar can be downloaded here:
https://biblio.ugent.be/publication/8553074

This is a very interesting inquiry, by the way. Thanks for starting this discussion.

Best,

Tim