[Lingtyp] typology of verbalization / adjectivalization

David Gil gil at shh.mpg.de
Thu Nov 25 14:43:55 UTC 2021

Adam,

This paper of mine on Roon (South Halmahera West New Guinea,
Austronesian) contains a detailed synchronic and diachronic analysis of
the form /ve/, one of whose many functions is that of a verbalizer.

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/132626166.pdf

Gil, David (2017) "Roon ve, DO/GIVE Coexpression, and Language Contact
in Northwest New Guinea", in A. Schapper ed., /Contact and Substrate in
the Languages of Wallacea Part 1/, /NUSA/ 62:41-100.

David

On 24/11/2021 21:53, Adam James Ross Tallman wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> One of my students was interested in writing her term paper on
> verbalizations in Aymara from a typological perspective ... but I
> actually don't know any work on the typology of verbalizations and
> internet searches come up with nearly zilch. Strange given there's so
> much on nominalization...
>
> Does anyone have any leads? Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.
>
> best regards,
>
> Adam
>
> --
> Adam J.R. Tallman
> Post-doctoral Researcher
> Friedrich Schiller Universität
> Department of English Studies

David Gil

Senior Scientist (Associate)
Department of Linguistic and Cultural Evolution
Deutscher Platz 6, Leipzig, 04103, Germany

Email:gil at shh.mpg.de
Mobile Phone (Israel): +972-526117713
Mobile Phone (Indonesia): +62-81344082091