[Lingtyp] Call for English Language Editors

潘家荣 91122020012 at bnu.edu.cn
Sat Oct 2 06:33:30 UTC 2021

Call for English Language Editors

Are you a native or fluent English speaker with a linguistics background? Do you want to learn more about Asian languages and linguistics from multiple perspectives? Now we have the perfect opportunity for you!

Asian Languages and Linguistics (ALaL) is an international, peer-reviewed journal, published by John Benjamins Publishing Company with sponsorship from the Institute of Advanced Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences, Beijing Normal University. This journal started in 2020, with two issues per year (volume) of 200 pages each. Currently the journal is indexed in Dimensions and Linguistic Bibliography/Bibliographie Linguistique. ALaL aims to enhance high-quality research on the description and theoretical analysis of languages throughout Asia and encourages submissions from a wide range of topics. For more details, please visit https://benjamins.com/catalog/alal.

As an English-language publication, we are seeking individuals who are willing to serve as English editors/proofreaders for our journal. English editors/proofreaders will review and polish submissions which have already been approved for publication through the peer-review process. Specially, English editors/proofreaders will be responsible for enhancing the style and clarity, keeping the consistency, and eliminating errors in vocabulary, grammar, style, and punctuation of ALaL submissions that are written by non-native English speaker(s). English editors/proofreaders should return their revised or proofread manuscripts to the editorial office with adherence to the deadline given for the article.

Applicants for this position must have native or near-native fluency in English, good reading comprehension skill, a solid grasp of standards of grammar, vocabulary and punctuation, and hold a degree in linguistics. Applicants who have a specialty in theoretical linguistics or linguistic typology, and have experience in editing are most highly welcomed. All tasks could be done online. Depending on the number of submissions you revise or proofread, we will offer you a competitive wage.

If you are interested in this long-term assignment, please send your CV and a statement or cover letter about why you would be suitable for the role to jall at bnuz.edu.cn. The deadline for applications is 31 October, 2021.

If you have questions about this call please contact us at the same address.

We look forward to receiving your application!