[Lingtyp] "I-now-here"

Kilu von Prince Kilu.Prince at hhu.de
Mon Sep 13 10:45:01 UTC 2021

Dear Tasaku,

Carlota Smith appeals to the pragmatics of deictic immediacy in interpreting tense and aspect. I make a similar move for the semantics of modals in some of my published works, see references.

Best,
Kilu

von Prince, Kilu. 2017 (preprint). Paradigm-induced implicatures of TAM markers: The case of the Daakaka distal. Proceedings of Sinn und Bedeutung 21.
K. von Prince. Counterfactuality and past. Linguistics and Philosophy, pages 577–615, May 2019. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10988-019-09259-6
C. Smith. Tense and aspect: Time across languages. In C. Maienborn, K. von Heusinger, and P. Portner, editors, Semantics: An International Handbook of Meaning, volume 33, chapter 97, pages 2581–2608. de Gruyter, 2012.
C. Smith, E. Perkins, and T. Fernald. Time in Navajo: Direct and indirect interpretation. International Journal of American Linguistics, 73(1):40–71, 2007.

Prof. Dr. Kilu von Prince
weiblich, female, sie/ihr, she/her
Heinrich-Heine Universität
Institut für Sprache und Information