[Lingtyp] Cross-Linguistic Study on Response Particles

Abigail Roberts abbysr at bu.edu
Tue Aug 9 19:23:46 UTC 2022

Hi all,
My name is Abby Roberts and I’m an undergraduate student of linguistics at
Boston University. Some of you might remember a message I sent in June
about a cross-linguistic research study on how speakers of different
languages can use response particles to respond to sentences of different
clause types. Thanks so much to anyone who’s participated so far!! I’m
still working on the project, but I’m now focusing on comparing response
particle use in two languages, Farsi and Māori. If you’re a native speaker
of one of those languages, please consider taking part in the study!!
Participation consists of an online survey taking about 30min, and
participants will receive a $10 Amazon gift card as compensation.
Participants must be 18 or older. I’m happy to answer any questions you
might have! And whether you take part or not, please feel free to pass
along the study information to anyone who might be interested!!

Thanks so much,
Abby Roberts

*Boston UniversityCAS Linguistics ‘23*