[Lingtyp] query: worldwide geographical partitions

David Gil gil at shh.mpg.de
Mon Dec 12 18:12:37 UTC 2022

Dear all,

Glottolog partitions the world into 6 macro-areas, while Autotyp divides
it up into 24.I am wondering whether there are any other well-motivated
worldwide partitions that have been proposed in the linguistic or
anthropological literature.I am particularly interested in finer
partitions, something in the ballpark of 50 areas.

Thanks,

David

--
David Gil

Senior Scientist (Associate)
Department of Linguistic and Cultural Evolution
Deutscher Platz 6, Leipzig, 04103, Germany

Email:gil at shh.mpg.de
Mobile Phone (Israel): +972-526117713
Mobile Phone (Indonesia): +62-082113720302