[Lingtyp] terms for days after tomorrow

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 17:14:20 UTC 2022

Yahgan (a genetic isolate from the southern tip of South America (Tierra
del Fuego), whose last fluent speaker passed away a couple of weeks back),
had hamashvnna (v schwa, otherwise English spelling) for both 'tomorrow'
and 'yesterday' depending on the tense of the associated verb. With haku:
'(an)other' it can refer either to the day after tomorrow or the day before
yesterday. haku: hamashvnna (colon : marks tenseness of vowel preceding it).

Jess Tauber

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>