[Lingtyp] The second call for abstracts. NAMED 2022 (Nov 3-4, Kyoto/Online)

Yo Matsumoto yomatsum at ninjal.ac.jp
Sun May 29 18:36:34 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues,

For your interest, here is the second call for abstracts for a conference we are organizing, with a new deadline.

Best wishes,
Yo

-----------
Yo Matsumoto
Professor of theory and typology
National Institute for Japanese Languages and Linguistics

**********

The Second Call for Abstracts

NAMED 2022

(Neglected Aspects of Motion-Event Description)
Deixis and Other Topics in Motion-Event Description
Kyoto University/Online, November 3-4, 2022
https://sites.google.com/view/named2022/home <https://sites.google.com/view/named2022/home>

The linguistic descriptions of motion events have fascinated many researchers because of their complexity, universality, and variation (e.g., Talmy 1985, 2000; Slobin 2004). In spite of many dedicated studies, however, there are many aspects of the event that have not been explored. This conference is a forum for discussing such neglected aspects of motion-event descriptions. This year, we will have a session on deixis, one of the areas in which research has only recently focused on.

We welcome proposals for presentations on any of the topics related to motion events, especially those addressing issues of deixis in motion-event descriptions.

The conference is now planned as a hybrid conference (both on-site and online)

Submission Guidelines
We accept abstracts for both oral and poster sessions.

All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference.

Abstracts should be anonymous and written in English. They have to be less than 500 words on one page. The addition of one page including references, examples, and figures is allowed.

One person can be involved in at most two abstracts (at most one as sole author), regardless of category (oral or poster)

Upload your abstract via EasyChair system. (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=named2022 <https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=named2022>).

Dates
Deadline for Submission: June 15, 2022

Notification of acceptance: early August, 2022

Registration: September 1 - October 15, 2022

Conference: November 3-4, 2022

Organizing Committees
Yo Matsumoto (NINJAL)

Takahiro Morita (Kyoto University)

Invited Speakers
Holger Diessel (University of Jena)

Christine Lamarre (INALCO)

Bernhard Wälchli (Stockholm University, online participation)

Contact
named.kyoto at gmail.com <mailto:named.kyoto at gmail.com>