[Lingtyp] Emergence of word-class systems

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 01:00:43 UTC 2023

There are living languages where word class is fluid enough to speculate
that they don't have any such classes at the lexical root level, or very
few such terms. So apparently not all languages have gotten the memo yet,
or have misplaced it...

See https://pure.au.dk/ws/files/108382963/Mundari2_kort.pdf
(and for an opposing argument:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/249932032_Mundari_The_myth_of_a_language_without_word_classes