[Lingtyp] Query: Approaches to genre/register analysis in under-documented oral-culture languages

Anvita Abbi anvitaabbi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 19:09:52 UTC 2023

Dear Alexander,
I have tried to document the oral tradition of the Great Andamanese
language including creation tales and songs in the book *Voices from the
Lost Horizon *2021. Niyogi Books, Delhi available at Amazon. In addition,
you may check the website www.andamanese.org which gives ample information
on the oral tradition. You may find different registers at both sources.
Unfortunately, the language is breathing its last.
Anvita