[Lingtyp] What is the opposite of syncretism?

Cat Butz Cat.Butz at hhu.de
Fri Aug 18 09:46:16 UTC 2023

Thanks again to everyone who contributed! If one thing has become clear,
it's that there is no generally established term for this in linguistics
right now, so probably so far there hasn't been much of a need for it.
For all intents and purposes, I think that "affix suppletion" or should
get the job done in being understandable for everyone.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.
---
Cat Butz (she)
HHU Düsseldorf