[Lingtyp] Updated and corrected call for submisssions to the Greenberg Award in 2024

Luba Nikolova Vesselinova ljuba at ling.su.se
Sun Dec 3 11:36:49 UTC 2023

Dear Colleagues,

Please find attached an updated and corrected Call for submission to the upcoming Greenberg Award Competition. There were a couple of mishaps with the initial call. Many thanks to Yanwei Jin and Daniel Ross for bringing them up.

One, the pandemic disturbed the two year cycle of the award and dissertations defended in 2021 ended up in limbo. This was not our intention. Dissertations defended in 2021 are welcome to the competition; the updated call reflects that. So PhD works on any topic in typology defended between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2023 are eligible to the competition.

Two, the count of the awards was fast forwarded abit: in 2024 we will have the 11th, not the 12th round of the Greenberg award.

I duly apologize about both of these mistakes.

My best wishes,

Ljuba